Thursday, September 30, 2010

Photo Challenge #4- Colors!

Hello my loveys! It's time for photo challenge #4- the next to last one in this series! We'll have one more after this one and then we'll have our vote off! :D

(Also, for the winners/ runners up of Challenges 2 and 3- I haven't forgotten about your features! Hopefully I will get them posted today! For more info on the prizes, go here!)

If you are new to my photo challenges, please go here to check out the rules and prizes! :)










So if you want to enter, grab the button above and link up! This contest and the Linky below will be open till next Thursday, October 7th at midnight PST. And all photographers of all skill levels are welcome. And you don't need a fancy camera either. :D And you can edit your photos if you want, but you definitely don't have to! I'm just looking for passion in the shot. :D

This week, I want to keep it simple but still fun.  I know you will all have fun with this challenge! I know I did. It does seem almost too simple, but really it pushes you to think outside the box of photographing a subject perfectly and instead concentrating on the gorgeous colors that make up said subject.  Kinda weird at first, but once you get in to it, you won't be able to stop taking pictures! (But remember to stop long enough to come back here and enter your gorgeous pix! :D)

This week's theme is:


Colors!...

This is a very broad category, and you can enter up to 3 pictures if you like. What I mean by colors is that I want color to be the dominating factor in the picture. It doesn't really matter so much what your subject is, but what color/ color combo make up the composition of your photo. As you will see below from my shots, you don't have to just take a picture of a blank wall or have the whole picture be one color. You can still have your subject be in the picture. But I want the colors to really speak. Blurry? That's fine! Fuzzy or noisy? Totally ok! Remember- not looking for perfection, I'm looking for passion and heart! Feel free to crop or edit as you'd like. 



Here are some examples I took recently with this theme in mind...

Reds



Oranges and Yellows








Greens, Teals and Blues






Pinks



Whites, Grays, and Blacks







So grab your camera and get clicking! Come back here and enter, and don't forget to link your entries to your blog post about this challenge! Invite your friends! Have fun and good luck!

Special announcement!!!

I am soooo psyched to announce that this week I will have a guest judge!

The guest judge will be... drumroll please...


Please stop over to her blog and check out her AMAZING photography! She rocks!

love you!
<3
tprm

11 comments:

  1. Fun! I love the colors of October so that's what I'm going with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors! I think the teals are my fave.

    Happy weekend!
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun challenge! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally joining in over here; I especially like your photos featuring white :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you already have one, but I thought I'd throw some blog love over your way...you'll find it at

    http://notalwayspictureperfect.blogspot.com/2010/10/sweetness-with-cherry-on-top.html

    ,if you'd like to pick it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following you from Bloggy Moms Follow Me Group.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maryanne, just loved this theme. I did like to take part I am too late, but to keep up with the spirit, I did like you to visit

    http://thedreamingpress.blogspot.com/2010/10/scavenger-hunt-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey!!! Hope all is ok with you...haven't seen you around for quite some time. Take care, and hope to see you back in blog-land soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss this blog! Hope everything is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ummmm...is anyone else getting seriously worried here?? Has anyone heard anything from our mutual friend?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope everything is alright. Give a really short shout out if you're okay.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails